The mission of the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners is to establish and enforce rigorous standards for Iowa educational practitioners to effectively address the needs of students.
- that an effective licensure system is efficient, innovative, and responsive to needs of students and educators.
- in collaboration with other organizations to improve professional development and preparation programs.
- that education is a profession.
- that establishing ethical standards protects students and practitioners.
- The Board will develop rules for practitioner licensure that maintain high standards, are research based and provide flexibility in attainment.
- The Board will develop a communication plan for the dissemination of information to its constituent groups.
- The board will develop a plan to align BOEE goals with the Iowa Department of Education and Iowa colleges of education.