- IOWA ETHICS AND CAMPAIGN DISCLOSURE
- OPEN SESSION
AUGUST 15, 2005
- JESSIE PARKER BUILDING,
510 EAST 12TH
DES MOINES, IA
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PROPOSED ADVISORY OPINIONS
1. Requirements for
Registering Campaign Committee/Filing Statement of
2. Procedure for the Dissolution of Campaign Committee
3. Applicability of Campaign Laws to Recounts/Contested
4. Contributors to State Party Building Funds Not
Required to File Separate Reports
5. Acceptance of Post State Employment
6. Sponsor/Vendor Fees for Conference and Reporting
of Agency Gifts
7. Use of Equipment/Office Space and Reporting of
C. RULES FOR NOTICE OF INTENDED ACTION
RULES FOR ADOPTION – 4-6
1. Reflects the Board’s
jurisdiction over Iowa Code section 8.7 and that a
Board advisory opinion constitutes a defense to a
complaint involving the same facts and circumstances
as discussed in the opinion.
2. Allows committee expenditures to be done by debit
and credit card.
3. Rescinds the Board’s rule on filing session
reception reports with the Board.
4. Amends the rule concerning communications to reflect
we communicate with the candidate or chair and not
5. Clarifies that legislative ethics and legislative
lobbying requests are to be directed to the House
and Senate Ethics Committees.
6. Moves the Board’s election of officers to
the first meeting after April 30.