- I'm thinking about running for a political office, where do I go for information?
- Statewide candidates, click here
- Legislative candidates, click here
- County candidates, click here
- City candidates, click here
- School Board candidates, click here
- Other political subdivisions, click here
- I'm thinking about becoming involved in a local ballot issue, where do I go?
- For any type of referendum on the ballot, click here
- When does my report have to be filed?
- Report due dates vary depending on what activity you are reporting, for a list of all our reports and their due dates, click here
- Do I need to send a bank statement with my report?
A candidate, a committee, an independent expenditure committee, or a sole individual filing Form Ind-Exp-I shall submit a copy of a campaign bank statement upon request by the board.
A committee for a statewide PAC, statewide candidate or legislative candidate shall submit a copy of the committee’s final bank statement showing the committee's closing transactions and a zero balance with the committee’s final report.
- My corporation is going to be advocating for a particular candidate, where can I find information?
- For independent expenditure requirements, click here
- My organization or business wants to make a contribution to a committee, what reporting requirements are there?
- For temporary PAC requirments, click here.
- I'm thinking of making a contribution in Iowa, what do I need to know?
- For information regarding making contributions in Iowa, click here.
- My labor union would like to make a contribution to a candidate or political committee, may it?
- For information and helpful hints for labor unions, click here.
- How do I file a complaint with the Board?
- For information regarding the complaint process, click here.
- Information on making contributions (who, what, when, how much)
- IRS Tax Law on Political Activities by Charities
- Government Positions Banned from Political Activities