Finance Web Reporting
Help for DR-2 Schedule E In-Kind
Schedule E Form Fields:
|For Fund Raiser
||No (except for some expenditure types)
Schedule E - In-Kind
- Click on "In-Kind", listed under Schedules on the left side. The first time it will show no in-kind contributions. Click
on the "New Contribution" along the top to add a transaction.
- An in-kind contribution is a
good or service donated to a committee for which the committee
would normally have to pay full market value.
- This includes forgiveness of
a debt or payment of a committee bill by an individual.
- On the next screen start typing in the name field (after you have selected the "Contact"
type to find).
Select the contact if entered previously.
If this is a new contact, enter the address information.
- Enter the required information
for the in-kind contribution and click on "Save Contribution ".
- On the next screen click on
"New Contribution" and follow the above
steps to add additional in-kind contributions.
- If the item donated was for
resale at an auction or fundraiser, check the "From FundRaiser"
- The itemization level for reporting
in-kind contributions is the same as for monetary contributions.
- In-kind corporate contributions
are prohibited just as they are prohibited for monetary contributions.
This would also apply to civil penalties paid by corporations
on behalf of their PACs. (Exception: ballot issues)
- To end session, click on "Logout" (left side of screen, under "Settings"). When the report is complete, file by clicking on Submit DR-2 on the Summary page.