The next report for legislative & statewide candidates is due October 31, 2014 by 4:30 pm if their committees receive over $1000 for a legislative committee, $5000 for a statewide committee, or $10,000 for a gubernatorial committee during the reporting period.
The next report for ballot issue committees with an election on November 4th or a special election on November 4th is October 30, 2014 by 4:30 pm.
The next report due for other committees in an election year as well as all county central committees, statewide PACs, and most ballot issue committees* and other committees not in an election year is January 19th, 2015.
Candidates and committees in special elections should check their reporting requirements by using the menu from the campaigns page.
* Ballot issue committees may also owe a 5 day prior to the election report during this period, depending on their election date.
Welcome to the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board's web site. The Board’s web site contains a great deal of information and will provide you most of the information you are looking for and will answer the vast majority of your questions. Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, email, fax, or letter. We look forward to serving the citizens of Iowa by striving to promote the public's trust and confidence in government.
- Megan Tooker, Executive Director & Counsel for the Board
If you are unsure where to find what you are looking for:
If you know what you are looking for, please use the links to the left or choose one of the options below:
- Are you starting a new committee?
- Do you need to find reporting deadlines?
- Do you need to file a report?
- Would you like to view filed reports?
- Do you want to find Iowa's Campaign Finance Laws and Rules?
- Are you interested in Government Ethics?
- Do you want to see the available brochures?
If you have questions regarding campaign signs:
- click here for the statute (68A.406)
- click here to see the DOT's FAQ about campaign signs and removal.
Information for County Auditors
The Board has created a new section that contains information that county auditors may wish to print and distribute when working with county or local committees and persons. Please contact the Board's staff for any questions, concerns, or comments.
Follow the Board on twitter:
Some pages are also available for viewing in Excel. You can sort this information by clicking on the Data button at the top of the page and then choosing Sort.
**Note: If you experience accessibilty problems, please contact the Board. We will be glad to provide you with reading or other assistance as needed.