Pharmacist CE Exemption Application
The Iowa Board of Pharmacy may, in individual cases, grant exemption from Iowa continuing education requirements to pharmacists who are continuing their formal education in health-related graduate programs. Graduate program enrollment encompassing only a portion of a renewal period will not exempt the pharmacist from the continuing education requirement for the full renewal period but the requirement may be reduced and prorated commensurate with the period of enrollment.
Any individual pharmacist enrolled in a health-related graduate program wishing to apply for exemption from the Iowa pharmacist continuing education requirements during that enrollment must complete an application for exemption. Applications should be completed as soon as possible following enrollment in the graduate program. The review and approval process may take some time. A written response will be issued regarding each application submitted to the Board. Applications for exemption filed with a pharmacist license renewal application may cause a delay in the processing of that renewal past the license expiration date.
- Complete the application for Exemption for Continuing Education Requirements for Students Enrolled in Health-Related Graduate Programs. Please type or print all information and be sure to complete all items.
- The application must be filed with the office of the Iowa Board of Pharmacy at the address above prior to expiration of your current license to practice pharmacy. It is recommended that the application be filed as soon as possible following enrollment in the graduate program.
- Incomplete applicationswill not be processed and will be returned to the applicant. The completed application must be supported by:
- grade transcripts or course schedules, AND
- a letter from the dean of the college you are attending certifying the date of enrollment and the anticipated date of completion of the graduate program.
For more information, please send e-mail to email@example.com.