Funding Opportunity through Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grants
Wednesday, May 05 2010 @ 01:09 PM CDT
- Reduce fossil fuel emissions in a manner that is environmentally sustainable and, to the maximum extent practicable, maximize benefits for local and regional communities
- Reduce total energy use of the eligible entities
- Improve energy efficiency in the building, transportation and other appropriate sectors
- Create and retain jobs
- Energy efficiency retrofits of existing facilities for nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies.
- Development and implementation of energy efficiency and conservation programs for buildings and facilities within the jurisdiction of an entity.
- Development and implementation of programs to conserve energy used in transportation.
- Development and implementation of building codes and inspection services, compliance, training and enforcement associated with such codes in order to promote building energy efficiency;
- Replacement of traffic signals and street lighting with energy efficient technologies; and
- Development, implementation, and installation on or in any government building of onsite renewable energy technology that generates electricity from renewable resources.