14. OTHER INCOME.
Enter taxable income not reported on lines 1-13. Attach an explanation of the type of income. Examples of income to be reported on line 14 include:
- Baby-sitting income not reported on federal Schedule C or C-EZ.
- Bonus Depreciation adjustment from the IA 4562A; attach the IA 4562A to your return.
- Capital gains from installment sales in 2008: Accrual-method
taxpayers may now use the installment method for reporting capital
gains on their Iowa returns.
Savings Iowa (Iowa Educational Savings Plan Trust) or Iowa
Advisor 529 Plan: Income
received from the cancellation of a participation agreement to
the extent the amount was previously deducted on line
24 of the IA 1040.
- Directors fees
- Drilling: Intangible drilling costs that were reported on federal form 6251 less any amounts amortized in the tax year.
- Executors fees
- Gambling winnings: You must report the full
amount of gambling winnings. Report any tax withheld on line
60 of the IA 1040. Gambling losses may be reported as an itemized
deduction on Schedule A, but you cannot deduct more than the winnings
- Partnership income and/or S corporation income: Modifications
that increased the income.
- Refundable Iowa Credits received in 2008 which
were included as income on the federal 1040 must be added back. This
includes Cow-Calf refunds received in 2008 (unless reported
on federal Schedule F).
- Refunds: State income tax refunds other than
Iowa to the extent that the tax refunded in 2008 was deducted on
a prior Iowa return.
- Wells: Percentage depletion from an oil, gas or geothermal well that was reported on federal form 6251.
- Other income as reported on line 21 of the federal 1040.
|MARRIED SEPARATE FILERS: The spouse to
whom the income was paid must report that income. Modifications
to partnership and/or S corporation income are allocated between
spouses in the same manner as that income was divided on line
10, IA 1040.
Go to Line 13
Go to Line 15