Line 60
Questions? E-mail Us!
2012 Expanded Instructions Home
graphic to click to go to IDR e-file choices
graphic to click to go to 2003 topic index
graphic to click to go to 2003 expanded instructions line index



Enter the total amount of income tax withheld for Iowa from your W-2s, W-2Gs, and / or 1099s. This will be the figure shown in the box labeled “State income tax withheld.”

Copies of the W-2s W-2Gs, and / or 1099s showing Iowa tax withheld must be included with the return. Photocopies of originals are accepted. Your W-2s W-2Gs, and / or 1099s must be complete and legible with no alterations.

Employees: If you need a copy of your W-2, first ask your employer. Since employers are not required to send copies of W-2s to the Iowa Department of Revenue, we are not able to furnish them to you. If you are unable to obtain a copy from your employer, here are some other possible options:

  • Social Security Administration (SSA) - will provide copies of Forms W-2 for retirement purposes at no charge and for other than retirement purposes for a fee. Call 1–800–772–1213, or visit the SSA web site at  for instructions on how to obtain wage information from the SSA.
  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – will provide an exact copy of a previously filed and processed tax return with attachments (including Form W-2). You should complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the address listed in the instructions. A fee will be charged for each tax year requested.

Married Separate Filers (including status 4):

Withholding is reported by the spouse receiving the W-2, W-2G, and / or 1099.


Go to Line 59

Go to Line 61