Line 5
2013 Iowa 1040 Expanded Instructions
Questions? E-mail Us!
2013 Expanded Instructions Home
eFile = FAST
Topic Index
Line Index


Report the net business income or loss from federal Schedule C or C-EZ. Include a copy of the federal form.

The IA 4562A (pdf) may need to be completed if the taxpayer claimed the bonus depreciation/section 179 deduction on the federal return. For more information on bonus depreciation/section 179, see information on line 14.

If one spouse has a loss, the couple may want to determine if filing status 2 is to their advantage.

Schedule C filers may need an Iowa Sales Tax Permit.  Businesses selling taxable products or performing taxable services must have a permit to properly charge sales tax to their customers.  For more information, please review this online training presentation:  Sales Tax Permit

Married Separate Filers:

Reported by the spouse deriving the income or loss.


Go to Line 4

Go to Line 6