K-1 Partnership Information on CD

An Iowa partnership is not required to submit K-1 information on a CD. If you choose to submit K-1 information on a CD, the information must be in the ASCII format in a specific layout. Click here for the approved layout (pdf) and formatting instructions.

The partnership will still need to file the IA 1065 and include the CD with the return.

On the IA 1065:

If the CD is not in the Department's approved format, the return will be considered incomplete until a correct CD or complete paper return is filed.

If you have questions about this procedure, contact Stephen Breeden at (515) 242-0173 or e-mail Stephen.Breeden@iowa.gov.