Iowans can ask Google Home or Alexa questions about State government services and where to get help. Thank you to the agencies who contributed their questions and answers to this knowledge base which is also used for the Iowa.gov chatbot.
If you need help getting started, check out the instructions on adding Amazon Alexa or Google Home to your smartphone.
Ask questions like:
- Alexa, ask the State of Iowa where can I get a copy of my birth certificate?
- OK Google, ask the State of Iowa how do I contact the Governor’s Office?
- Alexa, ask the State of Iowa how can I pay my speeding ticket online?
- OK Google, ask the State of Iowa what’s on the Governor’s schedule today?
- Hey Google, ask the State of Iowa how do I register to vote?
Use the Google Assistant or your Google Home device to ask for the phone number or address for a State office or department. You do not need to enable the skill "Ask the State of Iowa,” you can just ask for the phone number or have Google call the office for you. Say, "OK Google, what is the phone number for the Iowa Department of Public Health?" or "Hey Google, call the Clinton Drivers License Station."