Whether you’ve recently moved to Iowa, are interested in a different school district or simply want to know more about your local school compared to others, we can help. Below are the steps you’ll need to take to learn about the performance of the Iowa public school or district you’re interested in.
Where to Start
- Visit the Iowa School Performance website to learn more about the performance of a public school
Finding Your School
- Choose the current year (or the year you’re curious about) from the drop-down menu
How to Search
- Select the View State Report button
- This shows you how all the public schools combined are doing in the entire state of Iowa.
- If you want to look for a specific school or district, choose it from the search bar below the View State Report button then select the button.
What You’ll Discover
- Depending on what you search, the School Performance Report can show you:
- About the school/district/state
- Performance scores across a number of categories
- Schools within that district (if you choose a school district)
- Overall performance (if you choose an individual school)
- Performance detail (if you choose an individual school)
- Performance in each area (if you chose the state)
- Find which public schools are rated exceptional, high performing, commendable, acceptable, needs improvement or priority by selecting School Ratings under the Ratings drop-down menu (if you chose the state).
- View additional metrics required by either federal or state law but are not included in a school’s accountability score.
- To better understand the information you’ll see, read through the User Guide.
Next Steps: Finding Out More or Enrolling Your Child
- Ready to enroll your student? Have more questions? Visit the website of the school district you’re interested in to learn more about what you need to do to enroll.