Thank you for your interest in a career with the State of Iowa.
To apply for current job openings, please follow these instructions:
Background on State Job Application Process
- Each job announcement includes application instructions and an application deadline date.
- Follow the instructions.
- Fill out the application form. Apply by the deadline date.
- All application details must be true and accurate.
- Attach a resume and cover letter if requested.
- If the job requires a typing test, submit test scores by the application deadline date. Typing scores stay on file for 2 years. Here are details about how to submit a typing test score: HRE|DAS Typing Test Information | Iowa Department of Administrative Services
Search for a State Job
- You can search for jobs in alphabetical order, by salary range, by posting date or by salary
- Find a job of interest.
- Click on the job title to see the job description and qualifications.
- Click the Apply button to register for your free Government Jobs account.
- You can also choose to receive email notices about job openings.
Register to apply for State jobs
- Register for your free account here: Government Jobs | Access Membership - Upgrade
- You must have an active email address to set up your account.
- You can choose to receive emails about job openings.
- You can close the account whenever you want.
Next Steps to Apply for a State Job
- The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) reviews your application and submits it to the hiring agency if you meet the job qualifications.
- The hiring agency will review the applicants who met the minimum qualifications and work with their hiring team to conduct interviews.
Need Help with State Jobs?
- Call the Department of Administrative Services (DAS): 515-281-5889, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday.
See Application FAQs for more resources and guidance.
Contact Department of Administrative Services
Department of Administrative Services
1305 E Walnut St
Des Moines, IA 50319
General Customer Service
Employment Application Processing and Testing
Hours - Monday through Friday, except state holidays 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM