If you move to Iowa from another state, you’ll need proof of identity, residence, and social security number to transfer your valid out-of-state driver’s license to an Iowa license.  

Learn more about transferring a driver license

Related Agency - Iowa Department of Transportation


800 Lincoln Way, Ames, IA 50010

General Phone: (515) 239-1101